PDA

View Full Version : Imported site: can't see home.html in Design view

joespooner
08-18-2010, 06:33 PM
I downloaded a site that I am now supposed to keep up to date. Whoever designed the site perhaps knew what she or he was doing, but there seems to be neither rhyme nor reason to the folders and files I've now got on my computer.
Many of the pages from the site preview in Dreamweaver CS4. The home.html file does not. When I test it in Safari or Firefox it looks fine (well, it looks okay).
Is there any code in the html that I should look for?
If it helps, the site is: NWStar.net and the page that comes up is the page I can't view.
I don't know if this is the only page I'll have trouble with: I'm just getting started.

DWcourse
08-18-2010, 07:38 PM
That page forwards to /NW_Star_Academy_%26_Productions/Home.html so to preview that page in DW you would go into the NW_Star_Academy_%26_Productions folder and look for Home.html

If that's where you're looking, it could be that whatever character %26 represents is causing a problem.

Also, the site was apparently built using iWeb which is an indication that the person who put it together didn't really know what they were doing.

joespooner
08-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks, I'll look again. About the person not knowing what they were doing, I think you are right. Thanks again.