PDA

View Full Version : Changing folder permissions

Finland Blue
08-14-2010, 10:00 AM
I need to change the permissions of a folder I am using in my web site which is part of a Word Press Blog.

I'm thinking that I can right-click the folder and change properties from there, but I cannot find "Permissions" anywhere ...

I'm using an old version of Dreamweaver MX 6.0 - can anyone advise how I can do this?

Corrosive
08-14-2010, 10:28 AM
You should be able to change permissions through the control panel of your hosting. If not, maybe download filezilla; http://filezilla-project.org/ because that has a far easier folder manager than DW.

DWcourse
08-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Probably not a job for Dreamweaver and I'm not sure about your version but in newer versions you can connect to the server and right+click on the file or folder whose permissions you want to change and select the Set Permissions… option.

Finland Blue
08-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the replies. My version of Dreamweaver does not show the permissions when right-cliking on a folder, but I bellieve the current version does work. I downloaded the FTP software, and it worked fine, thanks for the tip.

dubaco
08-17-2010, 09:18 AM
I use FireFTP and a right click on the file in the right window gives access to all permissions through "properties".