PDA

View Full Version : Probably A Novice Question

GRNutrition
08-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Hi all.

Just putting a site together with Dreamweaver.

I have the site uploaded and live but i want to place another link in the link sidebar on the left of my site.

Is there any way i can do this without having to edit all of the pages i have uploaded as i have around 17 pages hosted at the moment.

Is there one that i can edit that will then change the rest of the layout for the other pages? ? ?

Thanks for any help.

Corrosive
08-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Three choices really. First one to solve your immediate issue is to run a find and replace if possible. make sure you back up before running it.

For future development look at using Dreamweaver Temaplates or PHP includes. Tutorials for both can be found on this site.

GRNutrition
08-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks Corrosive.

Appreciate the quick reply.

It isn't a 'find and replace' i need though.

I need to insert another link into the sidebar, i.e. between a few other links in the sidebar.

Corrosive
08-11-2010, 08:24 AM
You might have to do it by hand this time then. Always worth bearing in mind how you will update your site before starting any build.

DWcourse
08-11-2010, 04:06 PM
you could still find and replace but you'd have to be very careful choosing the sequence (in the code) you find and then replace with the same sequence with the code for the new link inserted. I'd definitely make a backup copy of the site before trying it.