PDA

View Full Version : Helping with website

rkane136
08-03-2010, 02:56 AM
Hi I am trying to put ads on my website useing google adsense. What I would like to know is where do I paste the code that I get, in order to have the add appear in the margins of the page. Im looking to put one in the top left corner, top right corner, and other places in the margins, and possibly places in the middle. Also, what size should I make the adds so that they fit, is 200 x 300 ok? here is my site that isnt finished yet. interview-me.org

Corrosive
08-03-2010, 05:45 AM
It's not quite as simple as pasting the code for adsense. You'll have to change the HTML and CSS of the design to accommodate your ads.

Maybe add an extra wrapper around the site and then create new columns (one before the rest of the code and one after) to paste your code into?

rkane136
08-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Im kinda a newb to writing code, though i know the basics, but somewhat understand what you mean by wrapper, such as <p><p/> . any idea on how to create the columns that you speak of?? They do not exist, I unerstand this,maybe you could elaborate a bit?

Corrosive
08-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Well, thinking about it a wrapper may not be required. Try inserting a div tag here...

<link href="index.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /></head>
<body>
<div id="left-ad-column">Insert ad code here</div>
<div id="header_container">
<div id="header">

and here...

<div id="footerPanhtml"></div>
</div>
</div>
<div id="right-ad-column">Insert ad code here</div>
</body>

Then style up your new column IDs with CSS, one to float right and one to float left and see what you get. Might need some messing with to get what you want.

Hope that helps.