PDA

View Full Version : One day it's fine, the next it's not, what??

AdonisBHK
07-27-2010, 09:20 PM
The header image on my site normally blends in with the gradient in the background, but lately, it's changing by itself.

http://www.gosleeveless.com/flabbyarmsolutions.html

I have literally not touched the site in two weeks, and every other day or so the header image will blend in to the background, and others it will be a distinctly different grey background.

I have no idea what would be causing this to change on it's own. Like I said, I make NO changes whatsoever, and some days the image is different.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Hopefully you will be able to tell what I mean from looking at the site, but I'm not sure what version of the image you will get to see - the blended one, or the straight grey one.

Thanks for any input!

DWcourse
07-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Looks OK on a PC, bad on a Mac. The two operating systems have slightly different color palettes. You'll need to try again and check on both systems.

AdonisBHK
07-27-2010, 10:57 PM
I just checked it on my mac and my pc, and both look like crap right now. This has been the case on other occasions as well.

Why would this be changing on it's own though?

On my mac, I've seen it look fine, and like crap both on the same day.

edbr
07-28-2010, 02:30 AM
not sure what im seeing but http://www.gosleeveless.com/images/header.png
is a different image to the header which in the style sheet you have as
.../images/header.png.
just wonering if this is throwing a glitch. maybe not but as i said, im not sure which image im looking at

AdonisBHK
07-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanks for pointing that out.

I corrected that problem in the style sheet, but still seems to be giving me the bad image.

AdonisBHK
08-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Still doing it. It was fine for about two days, and now it's not again.

Again, I've made zero changes to the website.

What is going on here? Any ideas guys? This is driving me mad.

DWcourse
08-04-2010, 04:27 AM
I still see the same thing OK on a PC not on a Mac. Why don't you just use a transparent png for the header image and then you won't have to worry about it matching.

AdonisBHK
08-09-2010, 05:42 AM
Yeah, that's one solution. But I'd rather figure out what the problem is here so I don't make the mistake in the future.

DWcourse
08-09-2010, 05:54 AM
I learned a long time ago that looking for the reason rather than the solution will lose you a lot of sleep butů

At least try renaming the jpg file. That way, you're sure there's only one version of the file and, if it changes, you can check the code and make sure that you're looking at a current version of the page.