PDA

View Full Version : <ul> help

rkane136
07-26-2010, 05:38 AM
Hi, I am new to Dreamweaver, I have an older version. Dreamweaver 8. I downloaded a CSS template and i am editing it. To make it easier to have multiple pages i simple copied and renamed the index.html file a few times. and i am editing each new page individually. So i started editing the <ul> which is the main menu on the left size of my site. Problem is when I resize it on one of my pages, it changes it for all of m pages. Since each page is going to have a different or extended menu, i need the <ul> to be sized differently for each page. How do i make this happen??

p.s i do have all the pages open at once, dont know if that matters

edbr
07-26-2010, 05:43 AM
you can style the ul tag to be different in each class or id such as #menu ul {\\style }
or you could apply a class to any tag so <ul class"index"...> could be different from <ul class"contact"...>

rkane136
07-26-2010, 05:56 AM
I tried changing the class and yet when i resize it does it for each page, I did change the class correctly. I do not understand how to chang ethe ID though

edbr
07-26-2010, 06:21 AM
it depends how you are doing this, or want to do
for instance if you make ul width: 100% it will be the same in all pages ie 100% in the element you use it in. or you could give it an actual width to be the same on each usage.

styling ul and li for different elements could be like (just putting the basic here as a concept)

#sidebar {width:200px;}
#sidebar ul li {width:100%;}
#content {width:500px;}
#content ul li {width:150px;}

rkane136
07-26-2010, 06:48 AM
I figured it out, it is becuase i had the same style sheet connected to each page, therfore i change one page and it did it to all the others, i just made a different style sheet for each page and the problem stopped. Thanks for all our help!!