PDA

View Full Version : Golive 6 to Golive 9 to DW CS4 - Possible?

NealF
07-25-2010, 08:11 PM
I have Golive 6 which no longer works well on my new Mac Pro (Intel). Sometimes I can open my old site and sometimes not. I need to migrate them to Dreamweaver CS4 which I just bought.
I'd like to get my old golive sites to open in DW but Adobe's site says it won't do it from Golive 6.

My question is this, can I buy Golive 9 and use it to open my old web sites. Then migrate it to DW? And, will Golive 9 work on Snow Leopard?

I've posted this on the Adobe Golive to Dreamweaver site but no one is responding.

Thanks.

Corrosive
07-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Websites are all written in the same language, HTML and (maybe) CSS so a page should open in Golive and Dreamweaver. You will need to define your sites again in DW to make server connections; http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/define-your-site.php but I'd have thought you can get this to work.

NealF
07-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Thanks Corrosive.

I'll give it a shot.

But Adobe has a program called Migration Assistant that makes it easy to get from GoLive 9 to DW.
Sounds like an easier way to go if I can get it to work.

Corrosive
07-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Good shout. I have had no experience with Migration Assistant so can't offer any advice or guidance I'm afraid. Good luck :)