PDA

View Full Version : properties panel

Beginner72
07-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi... I am very knew to Dreamweaver and am still learning but my properties panel doesn't show the properties for the rules of the cascading style sheets. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or how I can fix this?

edbr
07-22-2010, 03:22 AM
which version of dw are you using? In any case properties will show in the styles side panel

DWcourse
07-22-2010, 05:51 AM
Your CSS rules will be displayed in the CSS Styles palette. Some of the CSS properties will show up depending upon the version of Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver 4+ has a CSS tab within the Properties Inspector.

Beginner72
07-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Thank you but I am using a tutorial and I know what is supposed to happen and it is not. I am using Dreamweaver 5 and as I said when you click on the rules under the CSS Styles the properties should show up so you can edit whatever style you have highlighted. This is not happening. I was using Dreamweaver for a separate tutorial last week and it was working fine. The properties are now not showing up. If someone could help me with this that would be great. Thank you.

DWcourse
07-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Sorry, I thought you meant the Properties Inspector, not the Properties Panel in the CSS Styles Palette. My guess is that you just need to grab the bottom border of the CSS Styles palette and make it longer so there is enough room to display the Properties Panel.

Beginner72
07-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Thank you again but no that wasn't the problem. I do have only a trial membership. I am thinking it just might be a glitch. I can't find anything about this problem online.

DWcourse
07-23-2010, 06:18 AM
Is the word Properties visible right above the icons at the bottom of the styles palette?

If so, I have one last shot. Right below the window that shows the list of style names there should be a small, dashed line. It's centered, about a 1/2 long and hard to see. Click and drag it upward to expand the Properties box.

(actually it looks like you can click and drag the word Properties as well)

Beginner72
07-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Thank you again but that did not work.

gentleone
07-24-2010, 03:09 PM
can you make a screen shot?