PDA

View Full Version : Easy question on templates, css & editable regions.

sitesofray
07-19-2010, 12:59 AM
Hi
I'm in the middle of making a website (link available upon request because im not sure of the rules, i'm new with Dreamweaver & new here :wink: )

I designed the site with CSS and created a template with an editable region.
The problem is that under my MAIN div tag section i wanted it to grow and shrink depending on the information on the page. it also has a background image which repeats.
When I put an editable region over this
1- its too far to the left by like 3 pixels - how do i fix this?
2- will this allow the "MAIN" section below it to grow and shrink with the info added to it?
Thanks!

sitesofray
07-19-2010, 01:02 AM
upon further fiddling i see the editable region splits away the background where its supposed to repeat answering my question #2 but posing another question...
how do i make it not do that! lol
Thanks again!

edbr
07-19-2010, 01:29 AM
you can provide the uRL no prob.

sitesofray
07-19-2010, 01:32 AM
taammevorach.com
(thanks!)

sitesofray
07-19-2010, 01:47 AM
Also curious what you would recommend for the following
when menu is clicked i want that main section to show the menu by category with links on the left
would i have to make an entire new page (using the template) for each category? or is there an easier way

edbr
07-19-2010, 02:58 AM
add some padding to your <p> tag and that will move your text over.
as for div growing , if you do not specify a height it will grow with the content also shrink with little content however so you might want to consider a 'text' div that will automatically create scroll bars if the content grows more than the 'parent div