PDA

View Full Version : Edit and Setup Joomla in DW5

filmlover7
07-17-2010, 05:16 PM
I have just gotten DW cs5 and I would love to know how to use it to work on Joomla, particularly a JoomlArt template, Teline III.

Can anyone please tell us how to set things up to edit Joomla in DW CS5 please?
Thanks so much.

edbr
07-19-2010, 01:40 AM
welcome to the forum
im just trying cs5 myselfso dont know if it has much in the way of joomla assistance, but basically the joomla templates can be altered in the template>css .
are you asking how to instal joomla btw? if so you will have to use a local testing server

filmlover7
07-19-2010, 04:28 AM
Thanks Ed,
I have a testing server, but i want to know
1. can i have a special folder in mamp htdocs for the dw test?
I don't want to mess up my "local" joomla site. (DW seems to want to recreate all the files)

2. I can only get DW to see the files on my local host not the specific file folder for dw testing.

3. how would you edit a site, add articles etc, in dw. or do you have to have dw use the joomla admin part of each site?

If so, why bother to use dw rather than just using admin?
I suppose it is because you can edit the css files more readily w. dw?
right?
s

edbr
07-19-2010, 04:40 AM
yes you can have seperate folders for each site , just set your sirte definitions to suit,
as for site edit add articles yes use the joomla addin or their is little use in having a CMS system like joomla

yes to using dw ror editing the css files , DW is still bsically an html editor, fancy but thats what it is. as i said i havent gor around to looking at any support for joomla in DW, you could also use a free editor like html kit

Joomla is very well featured and designed for easy use within its admin. inside it is complicated using smarty templates and ( i think) pear for its php management so to speak which renders it in the not so simple area.

Depending on what you want to do you might want to check wordpress or Modx cms systems