PDA

View Full Version : Creating an wepage that can be altered via password from the browser?

Statix17
07-13-2010, 03:42 AM
Hello all,

I have been charged with the task of building a website and creating a members and sponsors page that can be edited directly from the browser. I am brand new to dreamweaver though I do have experience with the adobe and macromedia programs to a certain degree. I am honestly looking for ideas as I'm not sure I've ever encountered such a page. The closest thing in my head was a small scale bulletin board but I want something that can only be edited by someone with a password, or something similar. Does anyone have any decent ideas regarding this. Thank you for your time.

edbr
07-13-2010, 03:47 AM
use aCMS system MoDx is often recommended

Statix17
07-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Is there a way to do it inside of dreamweaver without any additional software, or would that require an extensive coding knowledge I do not yet possess?

Corrosive
07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
You could try built in server behaviours; http://www.adesdesign.net/php/tutorials/dreamweaver/secure_login.php I'd tend to hand code it but DW is set up to do this kind of thing.

Statix17
07-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks for that, however I'm not sure what I'm trying to do is actually being conveyed. I'm not sure exactly how else to explain it as I don't really have an example.

What my customer wants is a page that he can go in from the browser, edit a list or something for members/sponsors, and then leave displayed. I don't want this editable by non-members which is where the idea for making it a login type deal goes. I'm sorry that I seem so clueless as again I'm not familiar with Dreamweaver but am kinda being put through a crash course.

Corrosive
07-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Oh right, sorry. My mistake. Agree with Ed then that you need a CMS. I use Modx which I swear by but, for one or two pages, look at cushyCMS maybe?