PDA

View Full Version : Question about making hotspots on an image swap out the original image (like a rollover image)

BGCarrera32
07-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi:

I am making a navigation bar/image that looks sort of like the jog wheel on the front of an iPod. I have placed that image onto my website.

I know how to take that image and draw hotspots around the text and icons on the front of my "jog wheel" to link to other pages. What I am wondering is if there is an easy and clever way to make that hotspot cue up an identical jog wheel image in its place with the icon or text I am hovering over glow or change color. I've spun up 5 additional copycat images in Illustrator with the relevant text or icon glowing. This is sort of like a button with a rollover image- only its got multiple spots that need to make the base image swap out to the glowing one. Make sense?

Because it is a circle, it would be really tricky to get cutsie with it.

Suggestions? (or is this rather difficult?)

Thanks!

Corrosive
07-12-2010, 06:09 AM
Sounds a little tricky with images and HTML to me. I think you'd be better getting it done in Flash.

DWcourse
07-12-2010, 10:22 PM
You can attach a Dreamweaver Swap Image behavior to a hot spat link that will swap out the image.