PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Firefox

bcweb
07-05-2010, 10:13 PM
My website was designed in dreamweaver on a MAC. I use Safari as my browser and all looks and works perfectly! However, when checking out my website on a pc using Firefox there is trouble. All my javascript behaviors "open new browser window"--which I have set to "ON CLICK" open on my pages automatically. So, I am getting 24 open windows b/c that's how many smaller windows I have created on my web page for a larger view. For example, on my home page, I have a "vision statement" link, which is set for "on click" yet the window opens in firefox w/out being clicked.
What do I do to stop this? Or is this a Firefox setting?

Help! Thanks!

edbr
07-06-2010, 12:49 AM
n its possibly a code problem what is the link?

bcweb
07-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Here is the site I am currently working on: http://bit.ly/cEYTfd
Looking into this, it appears there are some issues with javascript in Firefox.
On the home page people tell me the vision statement box opens with NO clicking.

On some of the other pages, the javascript "open browser window" is not working in firefox, but works fine in Safari. All the open browser windows are opening automatically in firefox. They should not open without someone clicking first!

Thanks.

Corrosive
07-07-2010, 06:09 AM
That's a lovely site design. I really like it :)

This...

<a href="javascript:;" onClick="MM_openBrWindow('vision.htm','Mission','width=620, height=413')">

Try switching it to...

<a href="javascript:void(0)" onClick="MM_openBrWindow('vision.htm','Mission','width=620, height=413')">

That's how I tend to write null link if I am not using '#'.

bcweb
07-08-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm trying out the javascript code change suggested!
Design/graphic layout is easy, it's code that slows me down!
Thanks for the tip.

Next up is online marketing so that site is actually seen!

Corrosive
07-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Design/graphic layout is easy, it's code that slows me down!

I'm the other way round. Design/layout takes forever. Coding is easy :)