PDA

View Full Version : Which version of dreamweaver?

Pij
07-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi all,

first post, so hello to all - great forum:wink:

Just about to start the whole process of learning to build my own website and unsure what version to get... dreamweaver 4 or 5?

AND... my wife is a student so is it best for her to get a student copy cheaper? (the only question is it any different from the full version - I will be using it for commercial use.. hopefully!!)

Also a friend reccomended getting adobe fireworks too... is it worth it, do I really need it?

Thanks all and have a great evening.

:-)

DWcourse
07-02-2010, 10:42 PM
I always recommend the current version so I'd say DW5. The student version is a full version and, when the time comes to upgrade is fully upgradeable. Of course it's not supposed to be used for commercial purposes butů

BTW, if you wife is a student, have her check the school store. The sometimes have fantastic deals on the entire Creative Suite.

scifin
07-03-2010, 12:03 AM
My two cents on Fireworks is if you don't have Photoshop already then you could use Fireworks as an alternative. I have both but mostly just use Photoshop. Both of them integrate with Dreamweaver so you are probably ok with either.

photogenius
07-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Since you haven't got any version yet, it is best to always go for the newest software to date

d a v e
07-05-2010, 06:59 PM
fireworks is excellent for the web - why not try the trial first for 30 days to see if you like it/need it?