PDA

View Full Version : Save to remote server in cs5?

scifin
07-02-2010, 06:30 AM
Got the CS5 Mastersuite and so far it is good (especially content aware fill in photoshop). In DW though I'm having a bit of a problem saving to a remote server as there is no longer that option available in DW CS5.

I am sure it is the wrong way to do it but I work exclusively on the remote server and don't know how or really want to work just on my local computer. Can anyone help me out with saving directly to the remote server and bypassing this local site thing?

Just FYI, I already have gone to the advanced site settings and checked the save to the remote server at save thing. It actually hasn't worked and I just had to save the html file I needed to upload and used my separate ftp program to get it on the server.

Thanks for any help!

scifin
07-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Bueller...Bueller...

scottcarswell
09-04-2010, 01:35 AM
Good call on the Bueller... Bueller... post

I dont see why they would remove that feature. Well I'm gonna hit Google and find out why they did it, and if there's a quick way to save to remote server.

Wish me luck :p

scottcarswell
09-04-2010, 01:37 AM
I found this post;
-------------

The only reason DW would persist on having a testing server defined is if you are using pages with server-side scripting languages like PHP or .NET. If you are, you can set up a testing server with access to none just so it treats your pages right and gives you options for them if you are using one of those formats.

DW should have kept your settings, but if it did not, go to Sites->Manage Site-> Select your site and edit. Click on Servers, select your remote server. THen click on Advanced and then check Automatically Upload Files to Server on Save.