PDA

View Full Version : How do I link to a video that is on my server?

Dgriff
06-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Hi
I have a number of video tutorials that I want a customer to click on a "watch video" icon (the video sits on my server, not external, not you tube) and when they do this a new window opens so they can watch the video.

I have recorded the videos on camtasia. I want only subscribed members to be able to view some of the tutorials. Other tutorials will be viewable to everyone. My website is oscommerce. I am very new to dw. Thanks for your help.

edbr
06-21-2010, 01:50 AM
you will need a restricted section with a membership so only members can view .
you will need to embed the video.what format are the videos if swf i would personally go with using swfobject to embed into a page

Dgriff
06-21-2010, 03:07 PM
I am having a stab at this but since I'm very new to dw I have a basic question:

I am linking to the video I created (pointing to the html file) but when I test it and click on the link text, the video opens up in the same browser window but I dont want that. I want the video to appear in a "pop up window".

Is this possible? Thanks

edbr
06-21-2010, 10:06 PM
yes using javascript

Dgriff
06-22-2010, 09:59 PM
yes using javascript

how would I do this? I had a look and I have no idea where to start. Thanks

edbr
06-23-2010, 03:04 AM
http://www.javascript-coder.com/window-popup/javascript-popup-window.phtml

Dgriff
06-23-2010, 06:03 PM
yes using javascript

I managed to get the video to open up in a new window by selecting the text in a data cell > clicking on windows > behaviours > behaviours tag > Open browser window

I can click on the text allright but when I put the cursor over the text it doesn't look like it's clickable. How do I get the cursor to chage to a pointing finger? And how do I get the text to change colour when the pointing finger is over it?
Thanks.