PDA

View Full Version : css: float, clear or both? or something else?

monkeymedia
06-16-2010, 06:37 PM
http://www.hdwcarbodyrepair.co.uk/index2.php

quick one here, panels 1 2 and 3 should line up horizontally, not underneath each other.

I've bitten the bullet on this site and are doing it using divs, not tables like I bottled it on the last one!

question is, what do I need to change to get the little buggers in a horizontal line?

thanks in advance.

monkeymedia
06-16-2010, 06:50 PM
also, see how I have the red bar across the top as a background image on body? how can I add another background image but to the bottom, that sits at the bottom of the page no matter the length?

god did that make sense even a little bit?

edbr
06-17-2010, 01:22 AM
float: left: for both of them.
as for second background image it can be done in css3 but you could either add it to your wrapper and position it absolutely or ac a div 100% width after your wrapper maybe

monkeymedia
06-17-2010, 07:06 AM
cheers, I'll give it a whirl later

monkeymedia
06-17-2010, 06:40 PM
thank you for that, it solved that problem.

I apologise in advance as I'm using this site as a learning exercise and my brain can only take so much trial and error after a days work, so I can see this thread getting long as I work through the site and get stuck.

As you can see I have done a bit more, which has raised new problems.

1) the image should be 10px down in the grey box giving an even grey border around top, left and right edges which it isnt.

2) the title, although padding and margins are set to 0px for the top, isnt sitting as high as it should be

I've sat and stared and tried things and I cant fix either problem. help!

monkeymedia
06-17-2010, 08:26 PM
fals alarm I think, a mate sorted me out on msn. I had p tags round the image. I swear dw put them there because I didnt

monkeymedia
06-19-2010, 07:54 AM
just noticed an actual problem, in ie my red bar background doesnt line up with the red bar on the menu, but in ff everything is fine. help please?