PDA

View Full Version : Undo won't Undo

mabiamu
06-16-2010, 03:40 AM
I have Vista 64 and Cs4 Master Collection. All other programs are going well except Dreamweaver which suddenly wont undo using either ctrl-z or manually in the dropdown menu.

I tossed the preferences file in the regedit and restarted but still to no avail. I don't want to reinstall again.

Any help appreciated.

Bmc:-D

DWcourse
06-16-2010, 05:32 AM
It depends what you're trying to undo. If you have an html file open and you make a change to a linked CSS file, you can't undo that with the html file active.

You have to "activate" the CSS file by clicking on it in the related files toolbar. Then you can undo the change to the CSS file.

mabiamu
06-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Any action will not be undone.. (that sounded profound) from deleting text to moving a picture or to hitting enter to change position. With the history panel I am able to scroll back on my actions and undo what I have done, but ctrl-z and pulldown menu still nothing.

at one point there was that little ship steering wheel that came up on the side when I hit ctrl-z but it offered the option to disable that hoping it would do the trick.. but still nada.

Sorry to bother you guys, but this boy is over his head.

Bmc

mabiamu
06-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Also noticed when I save quickly after an action it gives me a javascript error "Databefore_save_" not defined. or something to that effect. then a second later it saves fine.

Corrosive
06-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Sorry to bother you guys, but this boy is over his head.

Then I'll say to you what I'd say to anyone. Don't design your website by Design View alone. Get some of the basics of coding down and then you'll be confident enough to build a good website without relying on 'undo' to edit your code. Do some tutorials and make some practice layouts before you start on the real thing. Design view is great for checking your progress but it is easy to come unstuck using it to code a page.

mabiamu
06-16-2010, 02:44 PM
I am good at code, but like the convenience of undo... thanks for the tip.

Anyone have an idea how to solve my current problem other than being scolded by a general? :)

davidj
06-16-2010, 04:12 PM
if undo works in other editors like notepad then its the Dreamweaver instance at fault. If it doesnt resolve after a restart (both Dreamweaver and your machine) then its a corrupt library in dreamweaver.

You could try and do a repair using the install disk first but may need to be removed and reinstalled completely. If you do remove it off your system i suggest you also blat the install directory remnant as well to make sure you get a clean install

DWcourse
06-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Sorry, asking a question you already answered.