PDA

View Full Version : Filezilla issue - transfer successful however cannot see pages?

gnat66798
06-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Hi Guys

Me again!!

I have transferred all my files (html files, images, pdf's etc etc) via filezilla and all 100 files transferred successfully.

However I can not see any of the web pages online.

When browsing to the website, the hosting holding page comes up not the index.html page, and when browsing to a certain page i.e. www.example.com/services.html get the following error:

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

I am not that familiar with Filezilla but as it says all files were transferred successfully I cannot see an explanation as to why I cant view them? :???: :(

Any suggestions?

Cheers :mrgreen:

gnat66798
06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
I have got the web pages showing now (I hadnt put them in the web folder within the domain name folder).

However loads of bits are missing i.e. background images, wrong fonts, missing links etc etc.

Every file transferred over but it is like it cannot read some of them?

edbr
06-15-2010, 02:13 AM
still sounds like path problems . do you have a link so we can check?