PDA

View Full Version : Private messaging

DWcourse
06-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Doesn't vBulletin allow you to create a new usergroup (or modify and existing one) so that private messaging becomes available after a certain number of posts? Seems like a better alternative than shutting it down entirely.

davidj
06-16-2010, 02:39 PM
I think its a KILL-TWO-BIRD senario

stops the spammers and also stops communicado between members who want to help outside of the forum.

The latter being the driving factor of why its still off line

domedia
06-23-2010, 04:05 PM
DWCourse, I've not seen a plugin for that for the version we're running. It would solve the issue right away.

The latter being the driving factor of why its still off lineThat is complete BS dj. If you still had privileges in the forum, you would know the spam issues we have.

DWcourse
06-23-2010, 05:14 PM
DWCourse, I've not seen a plugin for that for the version we're running. It would solve the issue right away.

I'll look into it and get back to you.

DWcourse
06-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Are the rankings (private, sergeant, etc.) user groups?

At least in vBulletin 3.8.4, in the Admin section, in the User Manager section, you can pick a group and edit the permissions for that group. Under Private Messaging Permissions you have this:

Maximum Stored Messages:
If you set this to 0 users from this usergroup will not be able to use private messaging.

So you could deny messaging for new users but allow it for any other more advanced group.

edbr
08-03-2010, 02:12 AM
i think you are right . Domedia is very occupied elsewhere at the present but maybe this can be resolved when he is able to be back as usual