PDA

View Full Version : Trying to photoshop html email

andydabrit
06-09-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm new to Dreamweaver and I'm going thru a video tutorial from Lynda.com. I really would like an html email as soon as poss. I have got one I like the look of from a bloke who spammed me with it. I would like to photoshop out all his info on the jpgs and then put in my own info but if you take a look http://www.life-magazines.co.uk/emailer/june2-newsletter.html starting at the upper right where it says "Life Magazines" coming downwards on the right, the pictures are split into many sections. I would either like to have it as one jpeg from top to bottom where the pic of the tree is...

OR...

I would like to know how to, when editing in photoshop how to make sure an image I'm putting in aligns nicely down all the jpgs. The image I am using is long (half of the html email, in length, vertically) and would go down the right hand side.

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

Cheers,

Andrew

edbr
06-10-2010, 01:41 AM
to use html for email newsletters normal html rules apply
however
styles placed in the head will most likely be striped out so either use inline styling oradd <style> tags in the mail body.
sending an email with just an image is not a good idea
1. as it images are not always shown unless approved by the receiver
2. can get you classified as spam
can make the mail large and if too big some will just delete it and not bother with it
when sending an html email it is good practice to include a ttxt version with it as some email clients will not accept html this again is also prefered by some anti spam software