PDA

View Full Version : help please - forms and resizing

trixifab
06-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Hi,
im new to dreamweaver, please forgive stupid questions.
its 2.30am and i have a college deadline and i have hit a wall i cannot get past.

I have a basic website, layout from photoshop.

My first problem is i have half my pages set to 700 px by 600 and the rest at 800 x 600. I have tried resizing it in photoshop, saving for web over the original files and refreshing dreamwever but it wont update to the new size. i've also removed the html file and added it again. what am i missing please?

second problem is with the form. im trying to create a very simple name, email, comments form. the space im trying to place it in is the blank space created by deleting a background slice. as soon as i try to do anything in it, it sends all the other slices out of position. i cant find any information on this problem and all the tutorials seem to miss out the beginning. im fine with the actual adding of text boxes (i think).

i would really appreciate any help you can offer. preferably not TOO reliant on coding?

thanks!

edbr
06-08-2010, 02:26 AM
it really is a problem caused by your method. exporting from photoshop like that often causes the problem you have. if it is the form , make a page with the image elements as background, then insert a form using the dw wizard there is no coding needed for that

trixifab
06-08-2010, 01:11 PM
thank you but im not sure how to make image elements as a background, could you explain ? thanks!