PDA

View Full Version : Cant connect to FTP or site on laptop but can on phone...

Adam_C
06-07-2010, 11:15 PM
not sure if this ids the right section but recently i cant connect upload files via ftp to my website: adamscarter.0sites.net/ also when i try to load it it doesnt work and i cant log in to cpanel either, however when i tried it on my phone it worked perfectly and i can login from here. is there something to do with my firewall settings? i have turned off mcafee and windows and still nothing.

I have no other ideas, any help is greatly appreciated! thanks :)

edbr
06-08-2010, 01:29 AM
i can connect to your site and it loads so it does suggest its a prolem with your computer settings i would think

edbr
06-08-2010, 01:31 AM
also adamscarter.0sites.net/cpanel brings up authorisation box

Adam_C
06-08-2010, 06:50 AM
do you have any suggestions? thanks for the reply :)

Corrosive
06-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Check with your hosts. You may be blocked by ip. I had this a few weeks back when they claimed I'd put their servers under 'sustained FTP attack' when I was trying to upload the source files for a CMS!

Adam_C
06-08-2010, 07:01 PM
thanks for the reply, im waiting for a reply now from them. will update when i get one :)

Adam_C
06-15-2010, 11:40 AM
it turns out they blocked my ip address due to login failure so they automatically thought i was hacking or something, everything is fine now though, email them your problem asking if they have done the same