PDA

View Full Version : Basic question re: importing files

Aeycaterna
06-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi there,

I am a tech writer just now learning web development. Someone asked me to change the content and some font sizes on their existing site. OK, no big deal. I can handle content development and handle changing fonts. Here's the dumb part: I can't figure out how to actually get their files into Dreamweaver so I can edit things. I can connect to their host no problem.... How do I import all of the files into Dreamweaver? (I do want to import them all. The directory as it sits on the host server is very unorganized and I can't tell what's what and on top of that it looks like 50% of the files may be unused).

Shake your head and chuckle at my cluelessness, but please, please help this newbie! Any advice would be appreciated!

A

domedia
06-04-2010, 03:12 PM
What kind of files is it?
Any more info you can share?

Aeycaterna
06-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi, Thanks for replying. Well there are a variety of files just like with any website. Maybe I didn't ask my question right. There is an existing website and I want to download it - the whole thing - so I can edit it in Dreamweaver.
There must be a way because I know that if you create a site anew and then publish it you somehow later can replace files on the server with updates.

Thanks,
A

Aeycaterna
06-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey Domedia, I got it - duh - get files with the great big down arrow. Thanks again for replying though. I need to learn to be more patient and look around more before I go asking folks and wasting your time.

:)

A

domedia
06-07-2010, 02:27 AM
Glad you solved it :)