PDA

View Full Version : Why is Google Indexing my site

urbanrays
05-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Hi Peeps

Just a quick question, have uploaded a site onto my server about 3 weeks ago and I havent set up a google account, robot.txt, sitemap.xml or even asked google to crawl my site, the only thing I have done is put my web address ONCE on Dreamweaver Club Forum
I have cleared my cache and when I search for the company name through google its there in top spot...not that I am moaning but I really didnt want google to index it yet..can anyone tell me how and why it is showing in the search results.

edbr
05-26-2010, 10:36 AM
crawlers crawl, its proof of the if i build it they will come

urbanrays
05-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Cheers thanks just seemed strange to me that all this SEO chat about you need to do links, keywords, anchor text, content, sitemap.xml, robot.txt and if you struggle start doing 3 way linking...in my eyes a nono, etc etc etc the list could go on. But I am still showing quite high on broad search terms when all I have thought about is a few good keywords when building the site, I wouldnt say the site has massive content and I certainly havent concentrated yet on all the other SEO that I should be doing.

But again thanks for your help

DWcourse
05-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Well, it can depend on the competitiveness of the terms and sometimes a new site will get a temporary bump. I can also be affected by whether or not you're logged into google.