PDA

View Full Version : removing sites

dvdljns
05-25-2010, 03:09 PM
:confused: I am totally new at dream weaver even though I have owned it a long time I never tried to do anything with it. I installed it and played around with it, so I could decide if I wanted to try using it. now I have all these sites defined in it and can not remove them. How do I remove a dream weaver site. OH yea I have dream weaver 8.

DWcourse
05-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Under the site menu, select Manage Sites… and in the Manage Sites dialog select the site and click the remove button. Note: this only removes the site definition from Dreamweaver, if you want to actually delete the files, you'll need to move them to the trash manually.

dvdljns
05-25-2010, 05:31 PM
No that was what I needed to know. But while I am here there all ways seems to be different ways of doing things in programs and if I could get a jump on really what is considered best practices by users that know about dream weaver it might help me. also I am using dream weaver with a wamp setup and my site is on an lamp machine. I can not publish from one machine to the other. Is there any easy way to handle links? Or am I going to have to go through and change all the links by hand. :confused: