PDA

View Full Version : Layout Divs gone Wild ..!!!!

Chapo
05-25-2010, 09:16 AM
ok..for some reason my Div is not expanding, not sure why. The heights are not set at all. What could be wrong ????

(go to the bottom of the site and you will se the Divs does not expands and the Content overlaps at the botton.

http://www.imperiografico.com/

Corrosive
05-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Hi Chapo

Your ID 'Boss' still has a height on it...

#Boss {
z-index:2;
margin-top: 15px;
margin-right: auto;
margin-bottom: 40px;
margin-left: auto;
width: 1015px;
height: 2500px;
}

Chapo
05-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Kuros Mate...

I just deleted th height but still the same problem..!!!!

Nut when i preview it on dreamweaver looks fine, i don't understand..!!!

Corrosive
05-25-2010, 12:24 PM
It might be due to the iframe. try putting a clearing div after it for a test;

<div style="clear: both;"></div>

domedia
05-25-2010, 02:48 PM
.content is floated, remove it.
It also has a height, remove it.

Clearer DIV's got redundant years ago after we knew how to clear floats correctly.

Corrosive
05-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Clearer DIV's got redundant years ago after we knew how to clear floats correctly.

Agreed but it was a quick and dirty test to see if it cleared the problem. Then I was going to run through the overflow method ;)

Chapo
05-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Ok... just solved the problem.. i edited the css from the index.html but nothing happened, so i edited the external css and loaded to the server and worked. Why this happens if the css from the file has the same name and properties than the external ?

Chapo
05-25-2010, 10:34 PM
But now my problem is that my Top Menu and bottom line of the site looks wrong in IE 7 and 8. The Top Menu now is wider and the css rollover is not working correctly, and the bottom line of the site
is gone, not clue in what to do now.

www.imperiografico.com (http://www.imperiografico.com)

Chapo
05-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Ok, also figured out that Firefox in PC has created a transparent background in the Top Menu when the drop menu appears. Now this is bad bad bad.