PDA

View Full Version : Features in Dreamweaver

fs_tigre
05-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi,

I have been using Dreamweaver as my main editor and I really like it. I was looking at an editor called Eclipse and I saw a feature that I really like, which is similar to the CSS STYLES window where you can basically see all of your divs and classes IDs, except that in Eclipse you can actually do that when viewing HTML code, you can see a list with all of your elements (divs, p, h1 etc..)and when you click on one, it basically goes to it and it actually highlights the open and close tags showing you where that element starts and where it ends, I think this is great when working with nested divs or simply big files that contain a lot of the same elements and you want to know where they start and where they end, you would simply click on the one you want and you will immediately know where that element starts and where it ends.

So, I was wondering if there is a similar feature in Dreamweaver that I have been missing?

Sorry! if I didn't explain this well.

Thanks a lot.

domedia
05-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Yes, I think you missed it. It works pretty much the same as the FF firebug plugin.

fs_tigre
05-25-2010, 02:54 AM
Where can I find it?

Thank a lot

Corrosive
05-25-2010, 07:16 AM
Here; https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843/

fs_tigre
05-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Well, I’m already using Firebug to trouble shoot my code, but I thought that were something like that for Dreamweaver, something that could be used in the coding process.

Sorry for the misunderstanding,

Thanks a lot.

domedia
05-25-2010, 02:54 PM
No you got it right, we never stopped talking about Dreamweaver.
It's called CSS Inspect and was one of the exciting new features in CS5.
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/inside-the-dreamlabs/dreamweaver-cs5-css-inspect/

Corrosive
05-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Sorry, my bad. Thought you wanted Firebug.

DWcourse
05-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Right, CSS Inspect is one of the new features in CS5. Earlier versions don't have anything like it though.

fs_tigre
05-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Hmm, so this is a new feature in CS5, Iím still using CS4.
Thank you all very much!