PDA

View Full Version : Borderless Table issue - please help

Softwire
05-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Back in CS3, when you viewed a borderless table on a black background, the table was visible because of a dotted white line. In CS4 (I'm on a Mac by they way) the table outline was only black and I read that they never fixed this issue.

Does anyone know how I can view a borderless tables against a black background in CS5? I want to change that dotted line to white.

I appreciate any feedback. This issue is driving me nuts.

Thanks!

Corrosive
05-20-2010, 06:30 AM
Change the background colour of the table maybe?

DWcourse
05-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Are you talking about viewing it in Dreamweaver or when you view the page in a browser?

Softwire
05-20-2010, 03:59 PM
In DESIGN mode within Dreamweaver - borderless tables against a black background do not show up. Back in CS3, the little dotted "hint" lines automatically turned to white - not anymore. It's frustrating. I guess it's time to stop using tables :)

Corrosive
05-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I guess it's time to stop using tables :)

It was time to stop using tables for layout six years ago ;) It could be frustrating if you actually have some tabular data to display though. Seems odd they'd remove those guides entirely even if support for tables for layout has been dropped.

Softwire
05-20-2010, 06:42 PM
You're right, but I'm addicted to tables. I can't seem to break out of it. Can't get my brain around it.

The issue first came up in CS4 (only for MAC) and I was hoping it was resolved in CS5 but I've had no luck finding an answer.

Corrosive
05-20-2010, 08:19 PM
CS5 will go further from tables rather than closer. Time to 'get jiggy with the CSS' as DJ says. Oh, and welcome to the forum BTW. Good to have you :)