PDA

View Full Version : private login area

jdflyer
05-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey guys. I'm designing my first website (www.mercyjets.com) and have slowly been struggling through it. I would like to create a private login area where patients & their family can view their trip details.

The case manager will input their information and then using post a link to the flight tracker website with the tail number be followed.

I have no idea how to do any of this and am not really sure where to start. can someone help.

thanks, JD

edbr
05-18-2010, 05:13 AM
i was about to suggest the tutorials he but i see your site has a login form. can you be more specific about what parts you need help with?

jdflyer
05-18-2010, 06:00 AM
Absolutely. I created the form using just some example on the web so I could get the look right. the post function does nothing. The only code that I have for the entire private are is:
<form method="post" action="#">

<input type="text" class="text" name="username" value="username" />

<input type="text" class="text" name="password" value="password" />

<input type="image" src="assets/images/login.png" />

</form>

godaddy is my hosting service and I have mySQL avail in my website but have absolutely no idea where to go from here. its my first website and it's taken me 4 mo. to get this far.

Corrosive
05-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Well I think you've done a great job. It looks great :)

A friend of ours and forum member DavidJ gives online PHP lessons based on a donation for his time; http://codezenith.co.uk/ You seem to learn fast so I'd really suggest giving him a shout and learning some PHP. You'll have a log-in in no time and some extra skills to make your site tick.