PDA

View Full Version : Height expandable

Chapo
05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Ok... i made my Content Div with a border and i add inside all my site, the problem is that the height of my Content its not expanding with the other Divs i'm adding inside. My text is going outside the Content and looks bad because you see the border and the text over and going down. The only way to expand my Content is adding a table and inside that i ad all my site, then my text and other stuff expands the div automaticaly and doesnt go outside the Content div.

I don't want to use a table for my sites, how can i make my main Div to automaticaly expand when i add other divs inside ?
(i already tried deleting the height in the css)

(also my intro is to the left and not centered when you view it in IE, why)
http://newcondado.com/entre.html

gentleone
05-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Don't set a height to your #Boss div or set it to 'auto'. And on the other hand using so much absolute positioned divs will give you more troubles along the way.

Chapo
05-16-2010, 10:13 PM
But the divs inside the Main div or wrapper has to be absolute because the wrapper is the only one relative, or am i wrong ?

I deleted the Height but nothing happens.

Can you show a code that has the Wrapper with no Heights ans see how it works when you add more divs and auto expands in Height ?

DWcourse
05-17-2010, 02:08 AM
You need to learn to create layouts without using absolute positioning (use floats and the default positioning).

Since you asked this in the Dreamweaver General forum, I assume you have Dreamweaver. If so try using one of the built in CSS layouts: menu: File>New… the select Blank Page, HTML and (for your design) 2 column fixed, left sidebar, header and footer.

Then read the comments inside the twoColFixLtHdr.css style sheet Dreamweaver will create.

domedia
05-17-2010, 02:40 PM
But the divs inside the Main div or wrapper has to be absolute because the wrapper is the only one relative, or am i wrong ?
Most people here would say you're wrong. Don't use absolute positioning for layout. 8)