PDA

View Full Version : Is multiple editing possible? please read what i said

Vulture
05-16-2010, 09:06 PM
www.kane-lynch.com
What im trying to say is;i have 30 htmls on my site
lets say i added a new section the site for example ''buy the game'' and have to write the sections name and link it for all the htmls

is there a way to do this for other 29htmls other than copying&pasting all of them?:lol:

gentleone
05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
edit --> find and replace --> and in the dialog choose after 'find in:' entire current local site (if you have defined your site) and then in the 'find' box place the code/text that has to be replaced and in the 'replace' box the new code/text.

pepper90631
05-16-2010, 10:48 PM
does anyone have an aim account so that I can ask you a few questions, my account is peppergraphics please help me they are just basic questing regarding dreamweaver cs3.

-thanks

Corrosive
05-17-2010, 06:40 AM
does anyone have an aim account so that I can ask you a few questions, my account is peppergraphics please help me they are just basic questing regarding dreamweaver cs3.

-thanks

This seems a bit out of place. Can't you ask questions here?

Corrosive
05-17-2010, 06:41 AM
www.kane-lynch.com
What im trying to say is;i have 30 htmls on my site
lets say i added a new section the site for example ''buy the game'' and have to write the sections name and link it for all the htmls

is there a way to do this for other 29htmls other than copying&pasting all of them?:lol:

Gentleone has given you a fix for now. In the future look at Dreamweaver Templates of server-side includes with PHP to make your life a whole lot simpler :)

Vulture
05-18-2010, 09:50 AM
edit --> find and replace --> and in the dialog choose after 'find in:' entire current local site (if you have defined your site) and then in the 'find' box place the code/text that has to be replaced and in the 'replace' box the new code/text.

cant exactly understand what u said. can u be more specific.

let me give an another example for what i want

i have 30 htmls and lets say i want to change the page width to %62
i want to learn the easer way to do this other then doing the same thing for 30 times

edbr
05-18-2010, 09:55 AM
it is specific, hi-lte the code for the width you want to change , on the menu edit >>> then find and replace a box willl appear with your code in the first art , in the second fieal write waht you want to change it to and clik find and replace

Corrosive
05-18-2010, 11:09 AM
i have 30 htmls and lets say i want to change the page width to %62
i want to learn the easer way to do this other then doing the same thing for 30 times

The easiest way to do this is something called CSS or Cascading Style Sheets. It basically separates your style and content and changes to the style of pages (including widths) can be changed from one file and the change 'cascades' down through all the other pages attached to that one.

Here is a quick primer for you; http://www.corrosiveonline.co.uk/tutorials_css_explained.php