PDA

View Full Version : Domain Name Help ?

spazzer
05-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi,
I am designing a website for a friend who is a mobile beauty therapist in Northampton, can anyone assist with a good domain name for it that will help with SEO, I thought maybe jsmobilebeautytherapy might be good but can anyone advise ?

Thanks,
Juicy 8)

Corrosive
05-16-2010, 05:44 PM
jsmobilebeautytherapy

Sounds good to me :)

dzwestwindsor
05-16-2010, 09:04 PM
hey i like it too

its good, because proffessional companies tend to have longer domains, and social networking/blogs has shorter and more abstract names. (from what i can see)

I like it, sounds proffesional

But domain names doesn't help with SEO. it really doesn't matter what ur domain name is (correct me if im wrong)

** yes, my 100th post! haha **

DWcourse
05-16-2010, 10:15 PM
But domain names doesn't help with SEO. it really doesn't matter what ur domain name is (correct me if im wrong)

I believe it has an impact but as with everything else it's just one factor among many.

More important are backlinks to the site.

Congrats on reaching :-D the century mark!

edbr
05-17-2010, 02:20 AM
ASIK domain names do help,although to what degree im not sure. i would suggest seperating the names as mobile-beauty -therapy so it has three terms that are actual words and may feature in a search
i am not sure about the mobile part as in , do peeps search for mobile beauty?
it is also said shorter names are a benefit , although again not sure. js-beauty-therapy? northhampton-beauty-therapy? for a couple of suggestions

DWcourse
05-17-2010, 02:57 AM
I'm not sure the hyphens are really necessary since I believe search engines will see terms within the domain name even without the separation. But mostly it's a usability issue: people tend to forget them when typing in a domain name.

edbr
05-17-2010, 03:03 AM
right. i was never sure about that, it used to be advised (rightly or wrongly) and i got the habit. seems logical to me though that individual terms would gain an advantage over a joined one. i also tend to think of clicking links from a search engine rather than some one typing the address in a browser

DWcourse
05-17-2010, 03:28 AM
Personally, I can see it both ways on this issue.

domedia
05-17-2010, 03:44 PM
I guess a simple, memorable name will have a bigger effect in visits, than a weird made up name with certain keywords. SEO is not everything ;)

edbr
05-18-2010, 02:02 AM
I guess a simple, memorable name will have a bigger effect
yes and i suspect that also aids SEO