PDA

View Full Version : CSS Positioning Tutorial

DWcourse
05-15-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm working on a one-page interactive CSS Positioning Tutorial for my students. It's at http://student.dominatedreamweaver.com/css-positioning.html

Any comments, feedback and suggestions for improving things would be greatly appreciated.

Corrosive
05-16-2010, 08:18 AM
I really like it JC. It's a clever way of showing how the different CSS properties affect divs. I think I'll point people in your direction when we get those 'my site is all messed up with absolute positioning' questions. Good work :)

Blue_Vision
05-19-2010, 12:47 AM
That is a very clever way to teach. Nice!

I look forward to reading through it more when I get a chance...

d a v e
05-19-2010, 08:41 AM
that's pretty cool and useful!

some nicer colours - like the #APdiv but more pastel (with matching, darker border colour) wouldn't go amiss and the same padding in all divs

colaroid
06-03-2010, 01:41 PM
It sorted my problem out, thanks. Maybe suggest people look at the source code, thats how I worked out what was wrong with my code (or include the code in the relevant boxes).

Aeycaterna
06-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Your page illustrates the topic very well. Nicely thought out and nicely implemented. If this matters to you, I am new to web dev, but I have been studying instructional methods and the teaching/learning process for years. I will return to your site as I pursue my own studies.

A