PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Spry Tabbed Menus on same page problem

Ewild
05-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Hello all:

New to DW (CS5) and Spry but have a problem.

My site has ~16 pages that I'd like to arrange in a page with 4 tabs, below which is ANOTHER tabbed menu bar with 4 more tabs. I am using DW CS5 and have no problems inserting the first tabbed panel, but when I insert a second one, it goes haywire. The home page ends up with a sub-level tab bar on it too (which I don't want.)

Here's one catch, I want the home page to have just the 4 tabs. I want pages 2-4 to have BOTH the top 4 tabs and 4 more below for additional content pages.

Can I put 2 Spry Tabbed Menu Bars on the same page AND keep the home page with just one tabbed menu bar?

Thanks for any helpful input.

P.S. It isn't live yet, so I can't post a link, but could post code if helpful.

action711
05-14-2010, 08:45 PM
I gave up in the end.

You might be able to achieve what you want using a combination of spry tabs and this guys more and more javascript

http://www.stunicholls.com/various/more_and_more.html

Good luck

Ewild
05-14-2010, 11:15 PM
action,

Thanks for the response. Not what I wanted to hear, of course, but appreciate the prompt reply.

I had another thought over lunch.

16 pages, all with the same 4 tab spry menu bar at the top.

Each page has persistent 4-tabbed NavBar, but with 16 different contents. I need to try it over the weekend, but does this strike you or anyone else as possible and logical?

Thanks again..

Ewild
06-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Follow up:

I switched to Spry drop down menu to handle all my links. I also now believe that Suckerfish has a menu bar that resembles what I was trying to achieve.

Case closed!