PDA

View Full Version : Cs5

kearnsy
05-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Hello everyone, hope everything is well

Just a quick one really, with regards to cs5

I've not long upgraded from cs3 to cs4 and now all of a sudden cs5 is out, and probably by the time I've typed this, cs6 will be out, well, maybe not, but you know what I mean?

So, my question is, is it worth the upgrade for someone like myself who's an amateur web designer?

I don't do it for a living (although at some point in the future i would like to do it part time) i just like using cs4 for my own website, and i built a site recently for a friend.

would any of the new features be advantageous to someone like myself

the one thing i did like was the new code hinting feature in cs4 i thought that was really helpful, i've looked at the new features in cs5 and it seems to be aimed more at professional users

Anyway, just thought i'd drop by to see what you guys & girls think

cheers folks, look forward to your responses.

edbr
05-11-2010, 02:58 AM
tricky. with every new version there are advantages , is it worth it to you? really hard to say it isnt cheap . you can still make perfectly good sites without it after all dw is only a tool to make some tasks easier, so in the end you will have to decide, in any event i always like to wait and let others iron out any bugs before deciding

d a v e
05-11-2010, 07:08 AM
and you can try the trial too

davidj
05-14-2010, 12:41 PM
I am still using Dreamweaver 8 (from Macromedia !!) but I have scrounged enough to upgrade to CS5 as I think its about time. I wont be looking at 6 or 7 as it just doesnt make sense for what I use it for. (An expensive Notepad)

The auto code complete is interesting to me as is the move toward OOP support which I will find useful

DWcourse
05-14-2010, 01:59 PM
I'd definitely recommend upgrading from DW8 but be aware you're in for a learning curve (especially if you are used to designing with tables). But there are lots of features that will make your life better using CSS if you take the time to learn them.

I'd also say that the jump from CS3 is worthwhile.

I'm upgrading (but I haven't had much free time to test it) from CS4 to CS5 but I haven't decided whether I'd consider it a "must" upgrade. The CSS Inspector is a pretty nice feature. As is the tie-in with CMS systems (if it works as promised).