PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver has froze.

mark1234
05-10-2010, 06:14 PM
I recently tried to launch a php website in dreamweaver cs4.

Since i uploaded my files to the web host (godaddy.com) i cannot edit my files at all.

For example. I went to my calender page and deleted absolutely everything off the page - nothing was left - i saved it and previewed it in my browser - and nothing had changes - all the page's content was still there.

What is going on?

I have deleted all my cookies, and deleted all my files from my website, just to see if i could edit my pages and i can't - what it going on?

DWcourse
05-10-2010, 06:35 PM
In Dreamweaver, you edit files locally (on your computer) and you have to upload them to the server before you see the changes on your website.

You can preview your pages locally in a browser but that will show you only what's on your computer not what's on the server.

mark1234
05-10-2010, 06:53 PM
I know i can preview my pages locally - but that's the problem.

Nothing is changing at all - i just deleted the entire site off of my computer minus one page and when i preview the page - it is still linking to all the other files which now don't exist.

DWcourse
05-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Deleting files won't delete links to those files in other pages (although if you've got things set up correctly, Dreamweaver should warn you about doing it).

Also, if your links actually point to pages on the server (in other words begin with and http:// and your domain name) then they will still point to the pages on the server.