PDA

View Full Version : Please help with blog dilemma

paulprice85
05-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Hello everyone,

I am trying to get a blog on a site and tried doing it with php to get the wordpress blog through via rss feed. I was recently helped by 'edbr' who was great but unfortunately my server will not push through the blog via RSS feed. Something to do with security I think.

I found a site called psd2css. So you name the layers a certain way, upload the file and it kicks out this wordpress theme. Problem is the height of the page is not auto so you get this horrible inner scroll bar. I tried setting the height to auto of all elements involved via a stylesheet in the newly created theme but can't seem to get rid of it and the size of the page seems fixed. Does anyone have any ideas how to get around the problem or any other solutions to getting this blog up and running on the site without these complications? Heres a shot of what it looks like at the moment (along with horrible inner bars) ps its not aligned centre yet.

Thanks

Rob_Che
05-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi - do you have a live site we can check this on?

Coding is difficult to debug code with a screenshot . . .

paulprice85
05-06-2010, 03:31 AM
yeah sure its... http://hoopingrocks.com/blog/ Like i said psd2cssonline made a theme from a psd file, so all the different files it created etc I find a bit confusing, I'd be happy to email 'em over or something if you wanted an even closer look. Just need to get this sorted, feel stressed!

Thanks

domedia
05-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Honestly, I would just do a regular Wordpress install on a new host. It's your easiest path to having a blog set up, only second to getting a hosted blog at wordpress.com