PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect web display in Iexplorer

laurenashley85
05-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Hey all.
I am new to the forums, and also a bit new to web design. I have designed two pages thus far, one for my personal website, and one for the place I work. My first webpage works perfectly well in every browser I have viewed it in. However, Iexplorer is incorrectly displaying the page I built for work. Text is overlaying itself and there are black spaces between my images. The site looks fine in other browsers though. I have been all through my html and css but I'm not sure what changes I need to make to fix the problem.

I would be happy to share my coding with anyone who can help. I would appreciate some advice.

The website is http://www.jedwardsenterprises.com
Looks just as I want it to in Firefox.
Looks terrible in Iexplorer.

Corrosive
05-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I would appreciate some advice.

Oh well, seeing as you asked...

Drop the tables and Photoshop export for a start. You've got a crazy amount of code in there for what is a simple layout. Also not sure why you have individual styles in individual stylesheets? They need to be all in one.

I'd love to pick through all those nested tables and give you a simple answer but it is just too confusing. Web standards will help you to achieve cross-browser compatibility.

Back to the drawing board maybe?