PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing my site

spazzer
05-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi,
I have designed a website and a friend has asked me to design one for her mobile beauty therapy.
She would like the site to be found by google when someone types in Mobile Beauty Therapy Northampton !
How can I get the site to be found this way, should I use Meta Tags etc or is the site found found based on content ?, if so can anyone asssit in telling what I need to do or any advice would be great !

Cheers,
NC :grin:

dzwestwindsor
05-03-2010, 11:09 PM
There's so many ways for SEO (search engine optimization)

RIght now, meta tags aren't so hot. meaning that google cares less about them than before. But keep them still, you never know ;)

Titles are important. Dont name a page title (the title tag in ur header) something undescriptive, like "Homepage". But make it "Mobile Beauty Therapy Northampton" Google picks up and analysis titles very well.

Also, the third thing (a little bit more work) is link building. That means if Google finds a link to your site on another site that is really popular, then google automatically assumes that ur website is pretty darn important too ;) That right now, is the main SEO method- link building. Just google "link building" and ull learn much more :)

Also, some misalleneous things u can do is put a <h1> tag near the top of your document, and make it descriptive. LIke <h1>Mobile Beauty Therapy Northampton</h1>

Or something, near the top. Google might pick those up as well...

But yeah, have fun, good luck, just try those. Oh yeah, you got to give Google some time, its not going to happen overnight. Good luck, feel free to ask more questions

dzwestwindsor
05-03-2010, 11:12 PM
and maybe you could give me ur site URL so we can see your competition/progress? maybe we can help you out

dubaco
05-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi
I have found that if similar important words/phrases appear in the title, the description, certainly the H1 tag and again in the content on the home page can have me up near the top of googles front page for desired search words within 12 - 14 days as long as I have told Google I exist.

While that's great, don't assume that your prospective clients will only find you with one phrase, make sure you cover a few.

In mine, for example, the phrases "holiday accomodation" and "self catering" are really important but the geographical area includes some surrounding villages as well and such things as pets/dogs are welcome and I offer broadband. Whilst they won't search for all of them, I am certainly picked up and appear high for most combinations especially when searched with the geographical location as I am rather ahead of the game from other holiday cottages in the area!

As usual, it does involve some compromises and of course some repetition of phrases and words that you probably wouldn't do on a "sheet of paper" if this was traditional printed media.

Hope this helps.

P

edbr
05-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Northampton will provide a good filter in terms of search, having t6he county close to it perhaps more so
mobile, beauty and therapy are wide terms aplicable to many other products and services.
another question is 'Is this the phrase that real potential customers will use in their search?"

domedia
05-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Yes, make sure there's actually searches done on the phrases you're optimizing for.

If there's *any* competition for a phrase, if someone else is optimizing for it as well, then 'in-page' optimization is not enough, you'll have to get the word out.