PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut keys stopped working in Dreamweaver CS3

Dayne
04-30-2010, 12:40 AM
All of a sudden the basic shortcut keys I use all the time stopped working. Cut, paste, save, undo, redo, zoom in ,zoom out etc. I didn't realize how often I use these keys until now. I didn't change any settings in Dreamweaver.

I found a fix on the Adobe forum using a Windows PC, but nothing for Mac. I don't want to trash configuration unless I know for sure which ones and what to do.

Dreamweaver CS3, MacBook Pro, OS 10.4.11

DWcourse
04-30-2010, 02:24 AM
If a simple restart doesn't do it (it has worked for me before), the first thing I'd try would be rebuilding your preferences: http://dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/rebuilding-preferences.php

gigiloumill
04-30-2010, 04:07 AM
D. do you know how to remove DW and reinstall? My problem is I do not have the original disc. I don't know here it is. But, DW is not working correctly. There are several commands that do not do anything. Thanks

DWcourse
04-30-2010, 01:47 PM
D. do you know how to remove DW and reinstall? My problem is I do not have the original disc. I don't know here it is. But, DW is not working correctly. There are several commands that do not do anything. Thanks

Mac or PC?

gigiloumill
04-30-2010, 02:13 PM
PC. Thanks

DWcourse
04-30-2010, 02:32 PM
I haven't done it but:

1. Under the Help menu Deactivate your current installation. Adobe only allows you a limited number of activations. This preserves them.

2. You can uninstall from the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel.

3. Reinstall and reactivate.

I'm not sure if this also clears the preferences and sites from the registry or not.

Dayne
04-30-2010, 07:45 PM
I really appreciate it.

gigiloumill
05-02-2010, 04:04 PM
O.K this is very annoying. Some things won't work. I removed program, re-installed it and still doesn't work properly. What's the deal with this program?....