PDA

View Full Version : SWF problems in DW

Chapo
04-29-2010, 04:12 AM
Ok.... when i upload a site made in Dreamweaver and has a SWF file always has the issue that the div where the swf is inside goes white when it loads.. its ugly when my background is black and when the swf is loading in the site you see that white div.... is there a way to fix this ?

Corrosive
04-29-2010, 07:56 AM
I think you can make the swf background transparent; http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14201.html

Chapo
04-30-2010, 05:31 AM
I thought about that, but i think that will not work... but i'll give it a try....!!!!

Corrosive
04-30-2010, 06:06 AM
Why wouldn't it work mate?

Chapo
04-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Ok... lets say i use a background color in my swf file and another one in dremweaver, if i make my swf transparent then it will be all one color, the dreamwever backgrounf color. But i could add a vector color to be my background instead of choosing a background color, that should work.

domedia
05-01-2010, 02:42 PM
what is a vector color?

The background of the DIV or whatever you're using does not have to be a solid color.

Chapo
05-01-2010, 03:08 PM
What i meant was that i draw in flash a shape with a color for the background, the shape was created with tools from flash and its a vector.

Maybe i didn't explain well enough.. let me try again.

I have an html in Dreamweaver with a blue blackground, then i add a div that inside has a SWF wich has a orange background. When the site is loading the blue background apears well, but the div where the SWF is first apears white and then the SWF apears. I can't put the SWF transparent because then the SWF will have a blue background.

That was why i came with creating a vector with the orange color for the background so it will maintain its orange color and then i could change the SWF transparent and will keep its color and not have the html color of blue.

Maybe this will prevent that white loading of the SWF in the DIV.

Here is an example of my problem (not the one with the orange background)

Try to see at a lower speed to see what i'm talking about.

www.bttmag.com

gentleone
05-01-2010, 03:35 PM
My guess is because you don't use a preloader.

or try to add the following parameter to your swf object code in the HTML:
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000">

Chapo
05-01-2010, 03:38 PM
I thought about that, but i didnt add a preloader because its not that big of a file and also many times when the preloader ends the animation of the swf had already started and the viewers can't see it. Not sure why this happens.

Chapo
05-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Let me try thos codes....it should work...i'll let you know