PDA

View Full Version : cannot ftp through school network

librarian
04-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Hi,
I can ftp with Dreamweaver fine from home, but not at school. Have read all adobe support info and all my remote site definitions are OK and host IP address is ok.

I can ftp from inside school using Filezilla, but I really prefer to use Dreamweaver to maintain correct file synchronisation and put dependent files in correct place

I have spent a morning online with our firewall provider - they can't solve it, all ports are open. They have suggested its an IP address or DNS setting on school network, but my IT guy insists it is a Dreamweaver problem and won't help.

The really strange thing is that the "test" button on site definition says it can successfully connect, yet as soon as I "put" or click on "connect to remote server" I instantly get error "cannot connect, remote host cannot be found".

cocoonfx
04-28-2010, 02:29 PM
it will be local settings i.e your IT department don't want you to FTP using dreamweaver..... I have the same problem where I work. However if you got filezilla working just amend the files and then upload them through filezilla.

DWcourse
04-28-2010, 06:51 PM
I assume you tried checking the use passive ftp in the remote site setup?

librarian
04-30-2010, 10:59 AM
I assume you tried checking the use passive ftp in the remote site setup?
Yes, got a really useful technote from adobe http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/148/tn_14834.html which might help others on this forum, and worked through all the possible solutions, but no luck.