PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Lay One Layer Over Another?

Teachable
04-28-2010, 04:16 AM
Hello all. I'm attempting to teach myself web design with Dreamweaver CS3 but am running up against a problem. I'm trying to figure out whether it's possible to place one layer (divs, I think they're called?) over another--because that's the only way I can think of to have control over my text alignment. For example, if the first layer were a background image, could I lay a second layer--this one text--over it? If so, how?

edbr
04-28-2010, 05:16 AM
yes
<div id="container">
<div id="text"> text here </div>
</div>
using css add atributes for container and text giving container or parent a background image

Corrosive
04-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Hello all. I'm attempting to teach myself web design with Dreamweaver CS3 but am running up against a problem. I'm trying to figure out whether it's possible to place one layer (divs, I think they're called?) over another--because that's the only way I can think of to have control over my text alignment. For example, if the first layer were a background image, could I lay a second layer--this one text--over it? If so, how?

You're missing the point a bit. If your image is a background to a div then you can type text over it in that div. No need for two. Use padding to place your text where you want it.

Teachable
04-28-2010, 06:09 AM
Great! Thanks guys! I've ordered a book on Dreamweaver, so hopefully I won't be drowning you in so many questions soon... :)