PDA

View Full Version : LightBox 2 Help

stu_c
04-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi all
I am using lightbox2 on my webpage, is there anyway when lightbox loads the Comment Box at the bottom can be a larger width than the image above if so where do i find this? i would have thought it be a % but cannot find this anywhere?

Ricky55
04-27-2010, 11:16 PM
You can edit a far amount in the CSS file that comes with the download. I can't imagine this will be a one line change though.

If you have a lot of text you could place this below the image and load this in an html page instead of an image. I've done this with facebox and it looks ok.

http://famspam.com/facebox

stu_c
05-01-2010, 12:21 PM
hi all has anyone done this?
So when light box loads the box goes to a default size doesnt go any smaller than a size but will go larger to the size of a image?

or
To default the size on the comment box below to a standard size?

gentleone
05-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Lightbox will resizing to the size of the photo. Big or small. The caption part (comment box) will size to the maximum width of the photo. You can probably customize the caption part, but I'm not sure if it can be done in lightbox.css. But on the other hand if it's possible, I personally don't think it will look nice.

stu_c
05-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi,
I know lightbox resizes tot he size of the photo, just wondering if you can stop it doing this and keep to one size with the photo staying to its original size, or customise the caption part width ways out? just i got an idea but really need to sort this out first :(

gentleone
05-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Hi,
I know lightbox resizes tot he size of the photo, just wondering if you can stop it doing this and keep to one size with the photo staying to its original size, or customise the caption part width ways out? just i got an idea but really need to sort this out first :(

I think the resizing is handled in the lightbox.js file rather than the lightbox.css. Did you also ask in the lightbox forum?

domedia
05-01-2010, 04:07 PM
This is where knowledge about jQuery comes in handy.
You should be able to look in the JS file and remove the resizing.

stu_c
05-01-2010, 04:08 PM
all sorted :) thanks