PDA

View Full Version : FormMail PHP won't work

paulprice85
04-27-2010, 05:12 AM
Hello all, hope you can help.

I have a copy of FormMail PHP script to send me an email when a site visitor presses the 'send me a message' button at the bottom of a contact form. I think I've set all up correctly but when I test and press send the browser acts as if it just wants to display the PHP file which is on my server. The text on my contact page looks like this...

<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="HR.php">
<p align="center">
<input name="email2" type="text" id="email2" value="Email" size="32" />
</p>
<p align="center">
<input name="name2" type="text" id="name2" value="Name" size="32" />
</p>
<p align="center">
<textarea name="comments2" id="comments2" cols="30" rows="10"></textarea>
</p>
<p align="center">
<input type="submit" name="submit2" id="submit2" value="Send me a message!" tabindex="100" />
</p>
</form>

Does anyone have a clue what it is I'm doing wrong? There is one field in the PHP document I dont understand...

3. Create an HTML form and:
* - specify a hidden field called "recipients" with the email address
* of the person to receive the form's results.
* - in the your form tag set the action attribute to
* the formmail.php you uploaded to your web server

How would the part i've made italic look in the code above? Thanks for your help. Cheers

Paul

paulprice85
04-27-2010, 05:18 AM
Ps the site if it helps is www.hoopingrocks.com

edbr
04-27-2010, 05:24 AM
* - in the your form tag set the action attribute to
* the formmail.php you uploaded to your web server

means the form will be processed by the file you specify you have the action set to action="HR.php" so the php mail handler must be called by this name right?

a hidden field like <input name="recipients" type="hidden" value="mail@my_domain.com" />

make sure you yahoogle your mail form to see if there are any vunrebilities posted about it , this looks like an old formail scriptthat may have some probleems, either that or im being paranoid agin