PDA

View Full Version : content management

Casper29
04-24-2010, 09:33 PM
I didn't want to start my own thread - and my question is in relation to this post. Can one use drupal, joomla, wordpress, etc, with Dreamweaver? I think whenever I have seen a reply to the question: "Can I build a site and give it to someone else who doesn't have Dreamweaver and they would be able to update text and make simple edits." It is discussed to use a CMS. If I use wordpress then am I "not" using Dreamweaver anymore? I know it's probably a very basic thing, but I am confused. I have looked into Cushy CMS because it is simply code to put into the coding side when building in Dreamweaver, but do other CMSs work the same way? With Dreamweaver? Or are they used "instead" of Dreamweaver.

Thanks so much all. I'm already learning so much on this forum.
-Casper29

dzwestwindsor
05-03-2010, 11:18 PM
I guess i can say that you don't need dreamweaver for wordpress. But if ur going to edit functionality/wierd stuff then you might have to open up the files in dreamweaver to edit. of course, most of the files are written in PHP so b4 editing, you should learn PHP first.

so the short answer is no, you dont NEED it, but if ur going to get fancy, then yes, i guess you do need it.

basically Wordpress/Drupal/Joomla are designed to be "working" without any coding. just set up server, click clikc click, and BAM! There it is, everything is working! But cmon, everyone has diff needs, and you will more than likely have to edit the PHP/functionality... in dreamweaver, why not?

domedia
05-04-2010, 12:41 AM
DW CS5 now integrates with those applications out the door, WordPress, Joomla!, or Drupal.
http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/whatsnew/

BUT, I still think you're shooting yourself in the foot if you think you can do this without, at least, the core skillset of knowing HTML/CSS.