PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone worked with PEAR

mangofreak
04-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey Guys. a friend of mine has received enquiries to possibly re-do a website -- he is a graphic designer -- so he ask me to help with his project but the website in question uses PEAR. Anyone has practical experience with it and if can share any links to tutorials or other types of resources.

Thanks in advance..

OOps. Did anyone work with PEAR? or Has anyone worked with PEAR? ah... that's better :D

edbr
04-23-2010, 01:26 AM
pear.php.net/support/tutorials.php
phpkitchen.com/2005/01/pear-tutorials/
its on my wish list along with smarty but not sure ill ever find time , wish you luck

mangofreak
04-23-2010, 03:27 AM
Thanks Edbr. It's hard enough trying to stay up-to-date with technology - at least with what we need and someone comes out with something else. @#$%^&^! PEAR. I rather MANGO :D

I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks.

davidj
04-27-2010, 03:44 PM
MANGO

is that a framework?

@ed

You dont really need smarty unless you want to completely remove all your PHP code from the design layer

Used when you have graphic guys playing around with your HTML and dont want any PHP code amongst it as designers tend to delete stuff which gets in their way

mangofreak
04-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Apparently is a framework - a bunch of plugin type code with pre-packaged common functions such as Authentication. Here are the packages. http://pear.php.net/packages.php

I personally don't want to use it. Call me lazy, but my life is busy as is to have to learn something else. If everything works is great but if something fails, then my life would be hell trying to fix someone else's code.

At this point I'm only researching options. That's all.

:D

davidj
04-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Ohh think we had crossed wires

Just read your post as if MANGO was a framework

I knew PEAR was a framework

mangofreak
04-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Mango is a framework of orange-yellow fibers, that when packed in a soft shell of the right colour is perfect for smoothies and shakes solutions. ahhh! sigh...

:D

edbr
04-28-2010, 01:57 AM
thanks David , in reality its so far down my list i would require reincarnation before i got to it i think, just saw it used often in conjunction with PEAR in a lot of commercial script/apps so it got my attention still will be OPS first, rest later
mangofreak, MANGO is used in conjunction with Java
In java they make a couls from mango , add soy saucen some stock , chilli to suit and serve it with chicken , duck or lamb .

domedia
04-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Wasn't there these expensive java beans that were parsed through an animal as well, that expensive stuff?

Mango: I worked with some people that used the PEAR Library. As with all frameworks they claim that development happens faster and that you don't have to mess with so much code.

Corrosive
04-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Wasn't there these expensive java beans that were parsed through an animal as well, that expensive stuff?

This one I think Dom;

http://www.tastesoftheworld.net/Kopi-Luwak-Gourmet-press.htm

Considering the 'harvesting' methods I'd say it would be pretty expensive ;)

davidj
04-28-2010, 08:04 PM
I pass tomatoe skins and sweet corn

Money spinner maybe??

if i dried them out!!

edbr
04-28-2010, 11:40 PM
yes, Kopi Luwak, a friend of mine makes good business with it ships the stuff with a real raw item souvenir (looks like a corncob) cased in resin. makes a good paperweight for bills.
http://www.animalcoffee.com
he even got them into the Acadamy awards goodies bag a year or two ago. who says they done get a lot of crap?
$50 Us a cup i have heard and it tastes remarkably just like coffee .
no bulls##t, pure cats##t.

domedia
04-29-2010, 03:07 AM
1lb is $195 on that site..

You should try some Ed, no doubt you'll get it much cheaper over there. Then let us know if it's worth the price.

edbr
04-29-2010, 03:21 AM
i have , it ok but not outstanding' strong tasting but mild is the best i can describe it. wow i havent checked his site in a while , competition is growing , i can now buy it in supermarkets here now.
i have ingested worse things though , especially when i live in mexico