PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to rename images assigned to multiple slices so they can update?

zenonithus
04-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi, I'm new to dreamweaver.

I have assigned images to multiple slices. though I want to rename the images and dont want to have to re-assign them to all their appropriate slices again.

is there a way to simply rename the file within the program so all the slices update to it automaticaly?

cheers

Corrosive
04-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Sorry. Can you explain what you mean by 'slices' please?

DWcourse
04-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Not sure exactly what you're after but, if you rename (or move) a file inside Dreamweaver's Files (formerly Site) palette, Dreamweaver will offer to update all the links to that file.

Works great although a backup before trying it isn't a bad idea.

And, after updating, you have to upload all the files where the link was changed as well as the renamed file.

zenonithus
04-22-2010, 11:41 PM
sorry I mean as in when you use the slice tool in photoshop to define image sections of a page which is then exported as a html to work with in dreamweaver.

DWcourse: sounds good! though I'm not sure I'm that far into it all yet. I'm pretty much just creating a page offline and double clicking on the sliced sections to insert duplicate images as opposed to using multiple ones.

hope this is making sense, please let me know otherwise :)

Corrosive
04-23-2010, 07:23 AM
sorry I mean as in when you use the slice tool in photoshop to define image sections of a page which is then exported as a html to work with in dreamweaver.

OK stop! Step away from Photoshop and Dreamweaver and read this; http://corrosiveonline.co.uk/articles_beginner_mistakes.php