PDA

View Full Version : Buttons and Images not loading... coursework deadline looming :(

bassoonplayer1
04-19-2010, 03:50 PM
hi guys,

i am studying a-level ICT at school and we have to create an e-Book for part of our coursework. All was well with my e-Book until about 2 weeks ago when some of the images and 4 buttons no longer showed up.

All the images are present and all the buttons that should work, work on another page. The images are there, but they seem to take ages to download. In the bottom left corner of the internet browser it shows you the downloading bar (as normal) but the bar never reaches 100%.

No-one at school seems to know what is going on. I am currently working on a Mac, but the school systems are Windows XP. Please help me as my coursework deadline is next week...

I'd just like to point out that coding is not my strong point, so answers need to be as simple as possible please :D

Thanks in advance!

DWcourse
04-19-2010, 05:25 PM
can you provide a link so that we can see the page?

Corrosive
04-20-2010, 06:10 AM
No-one at school seems to know what is going on.

Glad nothing has changed since I was at school then ;)

bassoonplayer1
04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
do you just mean post the link of the page (what would be the website address)?

I said in my original post - help needs to be as simple as possible :???:

Thanks

DWcourse
04-21-2010, 02:26 PM
You say the images on the page take forever to download so we need to see that page that's happening on. So a link to that page.

bassoonplayer1
04-22-2010, 03:45 PM
here is the page where the buttons do not work - they should be at the top of the page underneath education..

file:///Volumes/SARAH/IT/This%20Unit%201/EBook/HTML/Education.html

and here is the page with the lack of pictures - should be in the left hand panel...

...ok, now all the pictures are working. could that have been something to do with plugins, because we were having troubles with those at school (i'm on my home computer)

Still, please look at the disappearing buttons.

Thanks

Corrosive
04-22-2010, 04:03 PM
here is the page where the buttons do not work - they should be at the top of the page underneath education..

file:///Volumes/SARAH/IT/This%20Unit%201/EBook/HTML/Education.html

That's a path to a file on your computer isn't it?

domedia
04-22-2010, 04:11 PM
File:// is not the internet
It's the local path to the file on your computer.

bassoonplayer1
04-22-2010, 08:19 PM
well, what link do you want - where do i find this link from?

DWcourse
04-22-2010, 08:34 PM
WE can't help unless we can see the page. So you need to post the page somewhere and send us a link to it.